2011-05-29

Testing ScribeFire

There is still hope when everything seems to be lost.
Kidding, I was not that desperate but I would be happy if I found a feasible blogging client.
After trying Drivel, which has less features, BloGTK, which requires python-gtkhtml2 which is not found in Ubuntu repositories and Blogilo, a feature complete blogging client for KDE which experienced me crashes on my Ubuntu 11.04, I am now using ScribeFire, and this will be my first post, if everything goes well.

ScribeFire, is an extension for the Mozilla Firefox Web browser, Google Chrome Web browser, Opera Web Browser, and Apple Safari Web browser that allows you to easily post to all of your blogs.

Since it is an extension, I can easily use it on my several computers without compatibility problems. The text is also being spell checked in my browser. It easily grabbed my previous tags (called labels in Blogspot). I can see my previous posts too.

Its default shortcut is F8. I have made a small configuration in settings since I want to see it in full screen, so I have chosen "new tab" option. Now I can see my text.

The only thing bugs me, is uploading an image. I am not a Picasa user, may be I will switch to Flicker for pictures. We will see what happens.

Now it is time to post this.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment